EMUI also is known as Emotion UI is the custom mobile operating system based on Android used on Huawei and Honor devices. Back in August, Huawei announced the 10th iteration of EMUI version i.e. the EMUI 10 based on Android 10 at the Huawei Developer Conference 2019. Soon after in September, EMUI 10 beta program was announced for a range of Huawei and Honor devices.
We are in mid-November and finally, the company has started rolling out the stable EMUI 10 [Android 10] update for its flagship lineup including the Huawei P30, Mate 20, and Honor 20 series smartphones. Other smartphones will follow-up in the coming months. Here we’ll guide you on how to download and install EMUI 10 on any eligible Huawei and Honor mobile.
Before taking you directly to the update process, let’s have a quick overview of the features of EMUI 10.
EMUI 10 Features
1. App icons: EMUI 10 brings a big revolution to app icons – they are now rounder ad more animated.
2. Dark Mode: As the EMUI 10 is based on Android Q, it also brings the system-wide Dark Mode. The new dark mode will also be able to extend to third party apps which are a welcome addition for those who prefer darker menus. This feature reduces strain on your eyes while operating the device in lowlight conditions and saves battery.
3. Morandi Color: Inspired by the Morandi gradient color scheme, EMUI10 harmonizes gentle textures with translucency to create a sense of tranquility for calming your thoughts. Stay classy, elegant and free from complications.
4. Performance Improvement: Adopting the Deterministic Latency Engine, EMUI10 optimizes the allocation of system resources intelligently to accelerate the performance from the chipset level, delivering more responsive and consistent performance.
5. Upgraded GPU Turbo: The upgraded GPU Turbo aims to greatly reduce touch latency(decreasing by 40%)3 and extend the battery life to give you an edge in the game. Enjoy the visual pleasure of high frame rate and incredible fluidity of operation in the top games.
You can also check HERE for a detailed overview of the features of EMUI 10 software.
- This guide works with all Huawei and Honor devices running on the latest EMUI 9.1 OS.
- The device should not have root access.
- There should be at least 70% battery level on your device to perform the update process.
- Ensure there is enough internal memory to install the firmware (at least 6GB).
- A full backup is recommended. This helps to restore the data if any mishap occurs.
- Download and install the HiSuite software on your PC. (Method 3)
- High-speed Wi-Fi connectivity for downloading the update package.
Note: This update process works only with devices for which Huawei has released the stable EMUI 10 [Android 10] update via OTA.
You may also like: EMUI 11 for Huawei/Honor – List of Eligible Devices, Release Date
How to update Huawei phone to EMUI 10 (Android 10):
There are three methods through which you can check the latest Android 10-based EMUI 10 update on your Huawei and Honor devices. Here are they:
Method 1: Update via Settings
This is one of the simplest methods to update your Huawei phone to EMUI 10 ROM. Users need to go to Settings > System > Software update and tap on “Check for updates”. Here you’ll see the complete changelog of EMUI 10 update. Hit the button “DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL”. That’s it! EMUI 10 firmware will be automatically downloaded and install on your device.
Method 2: Update via HiCare
Another method to update your Huawei phone to EMUI 10 ROM. Here you need an app called ‘HiCare’ to check the latest software update. Follow the below steps for the same:
1. Download and install the latest version of the HiCare app on your device.
2. Open the app and login with your Huawei ID. Doesn’t have one, check here to create a new Huawei ID.
3. After successfully signing-in, select your country and agree “Permissions and user agreement”.
4. Select the ‘Service’ section from the top of the screen and then choose the ‘Update’ icon.
5. Now you need to tap on Request update > Apply.
6. HiCare app will start searching for EMUI 10 update. If available, tap on “Download and install” to start downloading the update.
7. Once installed, the device will reboot to the latest firmware.
Method 3: Update via HiSuite
HiSuite is an official Android Smart Device Manager tool that allows connecting Huawei and Honor to Windows/Mac PC without the need of USB Drivers. It lets perform several tasks like backup, system recovery, restore, and most importantly software update. Here we have steps to update Huawei/Honor to EMUI 10 OS via the HiSuite.
1. Download the HiSuite on your PC.
2. Connect the Huawei phone with PC using a standard USB cable.
3. Open the HiSuite app on your PC.
4. In the HiSuite main screen, you will see the device model number. This indicates that the connection between your Huawei phone and PC has been successfully established.
5. Now you need to click on “Update” located at the bottom right of the HiSuite screen.
6. The tool will start searching for the EMUI 10 updates. If available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
7. Once done, the device will automatically boot to the latest EMUI 10 firmware.
I hope the above steps were useful in updating your Huawei and Honor phone to EMUI 10 [Android 10]. In case, if you stuck in-between the update process or find any kind of difficulty, just leave a comment below. We’ll get back to you with the most possible solutions.
hmm it still won´t show up how long does it usually take to gt rolled out completley?
it still no show the update of EMUI 10 in the settings. why?